Toxics Reduction Act – Public Employee Notice
The Toxics Reduction Act (the Act) and associated Ontario Regulation 455/09 (O. Reg. 455/09) was introduced in the Province of Ontario in 2010; the Act requires regulated facilities to complete the following tasks.
- Track, quantify and report annually on the toxic substances they use, create, release, dispose, transfer and contain in products.
- Develop plans to reduce the use and creation of these substances.
- Make annual reports and summaries of their plans available to their employees and the public.
Section 1: General Facility Information
|Business/Facility Name:||John Zubick Limited|
|Street / Mailing Address:||105 Clarke Road
|Latitude / Longitude:||42.98590 / -81.16750|
|Number of Employees:||55|
|Technical Contact Highest
105 Clarke Road
|Company Public Contact:||Matthew Zubick
105 Clarke Road
Section 2: Prescribed Toxic Substances On-Site
Twenty (20) toxic substances were identified to be reported on a facility wide basis under O. Reg. 455/09. Cadmium (and its compounds), Lead (and its compounds) and Total Particulate Matter (TSP) were previously reported but did not meet the reporting requirements for NPRI in the 2017 operating year. John Zubick has voluntarily reported these substances to Environment Canada. A summary of the substances are identified in Table 1 below. A summary of the reasons for changes in quantification of substances between calendar years is also provided below.
Table 1: Substances Reported on a Facility Wide Basis
-  Toxic substances were previously reported but did not meet the reporting requirements for NPRI in the 2017 operating year, these substances were voluntarily reported to NPRI in 2017.
-  Quantities include road dust for particulate matter.
Section 2: Summary of Changes
A summary of reasons for changes in quantification of substances include:
- Metals – Decreases in the hours of operation of the aluminum smelter lead to a decrease in cadmium and lead for onsite releases in 2017 compared to 2016.
- Dioxins and furans and Hexachlorobenze- A decrease in the hours of operation of the aluminum smelter led to a change in reportable air emissions.
- TSP, PM2.5 and PM10 – A decrease in the hours of operation of the aluminum smelter led to a decrease in reportable air emissions.
Section 3: Toxic Substance Reduction Plan Update
Table 2 contains an update of the Toxic Substance Reduction Plans submitted under O. Reg. 455/09.
Table 2: Toxic Substance Plans
Section 4: Certification by Highest Ranking Employee
As of June 1, 2018, I, Bruce Zubick certify that I have read the report on the toxic substance tracking, accounting and reporting for the toxic substances referred to above and am familiar with its contents, and to my knowledge the information contained in the report is factually accurate and the report complies with the Toxics Reduction Act, 2009 and O. Reg. 455/09 (General) made under that Act.
John Zubick Limited